Why choose Bella Pelle for your Laser Hair Removal?
Laser treatment for unwanted hair is a non-invasive approach to permanent reduction and long-term hair removal.
We use a Candela GentleLase PRO, which is FDA Approved, CE Approved and TGA listed as highest grade medical laser with gold standard wavelengths 755nm light for treatment of unwanted hair, benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions and wrinkle reduction.
Our Laser Specialists are fully qualified, certified and trained laser therapists.
‘OMG, FINALLY A PAIN FREE LASER’: We have a Dynamic Cooling Device fitted onto our laser machine making it the most comfortable laser on the market. You literally feel like cold gas is being sprayed onto your skin!
You will experience no downtime & large areas can be treated quickly and effectively due to our larger spot size options.
We can also treat most skin types, and most hair colours, unlike older or inferior lasers which are limited to light skin colours and dark hairs only.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
Laser light targets the pigment in the hair follicle.
The FDA allows us this definition:
- “long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime”
- Laser hair removal affects hair follicles only when they are in the Anagen or growth phase. This means more than one treatment is necessary to disable hair follicles that subsequently enter the growth phase.
- You will need at least 3 treatments of laser to see complete result.
As a rule:
- Face/Under Arm/Bikini: 4-6 weeks
- Trunk: 8-10 weeks
- Arms & Legs: 10-12 weeks
- Or within 7 days of when re-growth is observed.
1) For best results, multiple treatments will be needed.
2) For most areas 4-6 treatments are necessary to achieve desired hair clearance.
3) One may need more or less than 6 treatments depending on hair type, previous methods of hair removal, and skin colour.
4) Results may vary from patient to patient and to various degrees of efficacy.
Why do I need a Skin Screening?
We conduct a screening with every client before the treatment:
- to identify the area to be treated and advise you how to prepare the area before treatment.
- to assess if the Gentlelase treatment is appropriate for you.
- to fully explain the process and what to expect
- to perform a patch test to identify the appropriate energy level for you and to advise of the cost of your treatment program
Pre & Post Care:
- Shave hair with a new razor 24-48 hours prior to treatment
- If you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters, an anti-viral must be taken
- No spray tanning, sun tanning or excessive sun exposure at least two weeks prior to treatment.
- No plucking, waxing, tweezing, epi-lady for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Cold Compresses may be used to reduce patient discomfort and edema.
- Topical cortisone creams ie. Derm Aid, will reduce edema and prevent against PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation)
- Post Laser Gels must be used to help with healing.
- Avoid sun exposure & apply a 30+ SPF Sunscreen
- No plucking, waxing, tweezing, epi-lady for 6 weeks after treatment or at all during your course of treatments.
- No sauna’s, spa’s, exercise, heating up of body or skin for 24 hours post laser.
To get the best possible price for your laser treatments, it is compulsory to have a skin screening and consultation with one of our laser specialists. We charge on laser time not area as we find this is the fairest way for the customer as not all people’s hair growth areas are exactly the same size, so why should you pay the same price?
We also have the fastest laser on the market, so most areas take 5-10 minutes max, and most people only need about 4 treatments!
A list of cost per minutes are below however keep in mind that this is just a guide and the more minutes/areas someone needs the cheaper the rate will get therefore an accurate price needs to be given to each individual.
60 mins – 2 hours = $75 per 5 mins
2 hours – 3 hours = $70 per 5 mins
Above 3 hours = $68 per 5 mins
Example of minutes for area
5 Minutes: Facial areas – Under Arm – Standard Bikini
10 Minutes: Brazilian – Buttock (cheeks) – Half Arm – Half Back – Shoulders
15 Minutes: Full Arm – Torso – Half Legs – Back – Stomach
20 Minutes: Full Legs